How Pofib collects information about its Users
When a User visits the Website, Pofib collects the person's IP address and standard web browser information, such as browser type and the pages accessed on the Website, for statistical and analytical purposes. This information is collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis.
Pofib will not collect information about the User's computer or other access device other than his public IP address and standard web browser information for fraud prevention purposes.
How Pofib collects information about its Interactive Area Users
If a User posts and/ or contributes Contents to the Interactive Area of the Website (e.g. by sending an e-mail to Pofib via firstname.lastname@example.org, Pofib collects only the said Contents from the User.
When the User accesses the Website, Pofib, or companies hired by Pofib to track how the Website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on the User's computer.
Once the User is inactive for more than 30 minutes or closes his/her browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
Pofib encodes its cookies so that only Pofib can interpret the information stored in them. A User is free to decline cookies if his/her browser permits, but doing so may interfere with use of the Website.
How Pofib protects and stores Personal Information
Throughout this policy, the term "Personal Information" is used to describe non-public information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. Personal information does not include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
Pofib stores and processes Personal Information on its servers in the European Union and Pofib protects it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory standards. Pofib uses computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and authorizes access to Personal Information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. Users should note that there is a possibility that Personal Information may be stored in a country outside the European Economic Area, which has a data protection regime that may be less protective than the EU regime.
Pofib uses up-to-date technologies and maintains rigorous security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to all Personal Information. However messages and information passing over the Internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. The confidentiality of such communications cannot, therefore, be guaranteed and a User should not divulge personal information over the Internet unless he/she is using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
How Pofib uses the Personal Information collected
All Personal Information will be treated by Pofib with the utmost confidentiality. Pofib may, in particular, use Personal Information to:
- process the User's requests;
- facilitate the subsequent third party services if the User decides to click through to a third party service provider;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- customize, measure, and improve the content and layout of the Website, including the display of customized, targeted marketing and promotional offers on the Website where the User has consented to the use of Personal Information for these purposes;
- send the User targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers where the User has consented to the use of Personal Information for these purposes;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How Pofib shares Personal Information with other parties
Pofib may share Personal Information with:
- Members of the Pofib corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, provide joint service offerings and for other business purposes. However, these corporate affiliates will not use this information to market their services unless approved by the User.
- Institutions that Pofib partners with to jointly create and offer products and/or services. These institutions will not use this information to market these products and/or services unless approved by the User.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- Pofib is compelled to do so by a subpoena, a court order or a similar legal procedure
- Pofib is required to do so to comply with the law
- Other third parties with the User's consent.
Pofib will not sell or rent any of a User's Personal Information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares Personal Information with third parties as described in this policy.
Accessing or changing Personal Information
A User has the right to obtain a copy of all Personal Information relating to him/her held by Pofib (for which Pofib may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccurate information rectified or erased, including any Contents that that he/she has posted or contributed to the Interactive Areas. Users also to have the right to have personal data taken off a direct marketing or direct mailing list and the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner pursuant to the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the "Act").
A User wishing to make a Data Access request under Section 4 of the Act should follow the following procedure:
- Apply in writing to Pofib Development BV, Biezenvenneke 7, 5801 HN Venray, The Netherlands
- Users should endeavour to give as much detail as possible in their correspondence which will help to identify them (e.g. name, e-mail address) and locate all the information that Pofib may hold.
- In order to avail of this service, a User should forward the statutory fee of EUR 6.35 with their request. Users will receive a reply within 40 days of Pofib receiving the request and fee.
Interactive Area Users can, in addition, at any time request that their contributions to the Contents of the Interactive Areas be deleted by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com.
Contacting Pofib about data privacy questions